Friday, February 25, 2011

Spring Brides

Photographer: Babak
Hair: Jeff Berkley
Makeup: Vicki Millar
Spring is my favourite time of year. I think it’s because everything is brand new and that feeling of freshness is everywhere. It’s true to say that anytime you’re planning a wedding it will be the perfect time of year but there is certainly something incredibly special about a spring wedding.

When I think of spring brides, I usually think of clean, fresh flawless skin, light eye makeup with a slightly bolder lip. Ofcourse there are loads of options when it comes to spring bridal makeup looks and every bride will have her favourite but my first thought is to keep the overall look fresh and current. I love the idea of a “just kissed” lip colour, with just a hint of red or coral paired with a clean fresh face and beautiful sun kissed cheeks. Heavenly!


 The downside to spring weddings is the unpredictable weather. I live in the Greater Toronto Area and we tend to get unusual weather patterns in the spring. (unusual because our temperature fluxuates a lot! All Toronto and GTA ladies know what I’m talking about!) Because spring can bring odd weather patterns, you can expect anything from hot and humid to cold and damp!  So, when considering hair and makeup for your big day keep this in mind, especially if your photo’s are being taken outside. Be sure to consider all obstacles such as rain, wind and maybe even snow!

I worked with a bride last May who was married in Orangeville, Ontario. It was the beginning of May and for whatever reason, we ended up experiencing amazingly warm weather except for her wedding day. Her big day brought freezing conditions with hail mixed with snow mixed with rain.  It was not the picture perfect day she had hoped for I’m sure!  All the pictures were being taken outside too! Thank goodness we had discussed the potential of bad weather at her trial and came up with a hair style solution that worked out well on the day. The bride chose to wear a high chignon with a piece added under her hair for added height (and protection!) Because her hair was in a sleek updo, the style ended up protecting her look while she was outside. Although the wind and rain were bothersome, she still looked great and still very “put together.” Her pictures were great too! Sometimes days with no sunshine make for the best wedding pictures!

So, the moral of my story is to plan well and smart for your spring wedding.

I found a fun little site you might be interested in. It’s called The HairStyler.com and you upload an image of yourself and it gives you 1000’s of hair style options to play with. Beware there is a small membership fee to this site but I thought some of my brides might enjoy playing around and seeing what hairstyle suits them. Have fun! Post links to your pictures in the comment section if you like!

For those brides celebrating their big day this spring, I wish you all the happiness! Plan well and enjoy.

Next week I’ll be covering destination weddings – I’ll cover makeup and hair tips and things you need to consider before the big day!
◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2012 Wedding Hairstyler Seo Elite by BLog BamZ | Blogger Templates